Have you noticed that your brakes are acting up? If so, you may be looking for a reputable brake mechanic in Minnesota who can assess your car problems and fix them as quickly and economically as possible. At St Paul Automotive, we have a team of ASE certified mechanics with years of experience in all types of auto repair, including brake service. Feel free to reach out to our team if you’re experiencing brake problems that you need to have addressed.
Signs of Brake Trouble
Below are just a few signs that you may be dealing with brake problems and need a Minnesota brake mechanic to take a look at your vehicle:
- Squealing, squeaking or grinding noises – If you begin to hear a high pitched noise that goes away when you apply the brakes it’s likely because your brake pads are wearing down. If you hear a grinding noise, it could be something caught in the caliper itself, or it could be a sign that your brake pads are worn through.
- Vibration while braking – If you notice any type of vibration or wobbling while braking it could be due to a number of issues including an uneven rotor, the brake caliper not releasing as it should, rust or improper wheel lug nut installation.
- Brake light is on – If you notice that your red or yellow brake light is illuminated on your dashboard, it could be due to you needing a simple inspection, or it could be a sign that something more severe is going on.
- Soft pedal – If you feel as if your brake pedal is soft when you press down on it, you may have one of the following problems: a fluid leak, you could have moisture in your braking system, or you could have issues with the master cylinder. Whatever the case may be, when you have this type of behavior, you should reach out to a brake mechanic as soon as possible.
- Burning smell – If you notice a burning smell while driving and hard braking, it may be because of overheated brakes or clutch. Be sure to check your parking brake to ensure it’s not engaged and reach out to a reputable mechanic to diagnose the problem.
Reach Out to St Paul Automotive for Brake Service
Your brakes just like almost all components of your car need to be serviced regularly. If you’re interested in a free brake inspection, don’t hesitate to reach out to St Paul Automotive today at (651) 298-0956.