Just a show of hands, how many people think that they can drive their car without a properly working engine? Even though this is just a blog, we know no one is raising their hands! Why? Because duh! You need a properly functioning engine in order to drive from point A to point B. It’s just common sense. You don’t have to be a mechanic to figure that one out. However, you do need a mechanic to fix the problem. If you are in St. Paul, MN and you are experiencing engine problems, it’s important to call us right away. At St. Paul Automotive, we have everything you need to get your engine revving and your motor running again!
Knowing When to Call
It can be difficult to know when your engine is in need of repair. Obviously, if it’s not working, you’ll want to bring it in. However, we never want it to get to that point. Here are a few tips and signs to look out for as far as engine troubles:
● Are you hearing noises and thumps?
● Are your experiencing low fuel economy?
● Is your check engine light on?
● Did you emissions examination fail?
Components of an Engine
While our certified technicians will inspect your car from bumper to bumper and diagnose the issues, we have a few frequent engine components that we check first and foremost:
● Ignition system
● Brake system
● Hose pipes
● Spark plugs
● Sensing units
● Gas injection system
● Electrical system
● So much more!
While we are experts at engine repairs and will do what it takes to get your vehicle running again, we suggest preventative engine tune-ups as a more affordable alternative. During our engine tune-ups, we run through a checklist making sure everything’s running smoothly, which includes:
● We inspect the spark plugs and their wires for wear and tear.
● We inspect the engine’s fuel pump.
● We thoroughly examine the fuel injectors, looking for buildup and anything that may restrict them.
● We check the fuel filters and air filters for any dirt and debris. Obviously, replacing if needed.
● We look for clogs and leaks in the PVC valve.
● We then adjust the vehicle’s engine timing and idle.
Doing all of these things ultimately helps the life of your car and helps keep more money in your wallet. If you are looking for an honest and experienced auto repair shop in St. Paul, MN, let St. Paul Automotive take care of you today. For engine repair in St. Paul, MN, call us at (651) 298-0956.