Do you have a front wheel drive vehicle? If so, you’ll likely need to have it repaired from time to time. If you’re in need of a reputable front wheel drive repair shop, look no further than our team of certified mechanics at St. Paul Automotive. We’ve been in the St. Paul area for decades and are a family owned auto repair shop ready to serve your needs.
Advantages of Front Wheel Drive Vehicles
Below are just a few of the many advantages of front wheel drive vehicles.
- Gas mileage – Front wheel drive vehicles tend to have better gas mileage.
- Cost – Because of fewer components, costs are typically lower, especially compared to four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Improved traction – Front wheel drive vehicles also offer better traction compared to rear wheel drive vehicles, especially in inclement weather conditions. This is primarily due to the fact that more weight sits on top of the front drive wheels, giving the car better traction. When fitted with snow tires, front wheel drive vehicles often perform extremely well in poor weather conditions.
Disadvantages of Front Wheel Drive Vehicles
There are also a few disadvantages of front wheel drive vehicles that we think it’s important to keep in mind.
- Poor handling – Some front wheel drive vehicles can be difficult to handle, especially at higher speeds. The front wheels are having to both power the vehicle and steer the car, which is why it can occasionally be difficult to steer front wheel drive vehicles, especially those that do not have electronic traction control.
- Susceptible to car repairs – Front wheel drive systems can be prone to damage, especially CV joints and half shafts. Rear wheel drive axles are typically very rugged, while front wheel drive cars will likely need new CV joints at some point during ownership.
Have a Front Wheel Drive Vehicle That Needs Service?
If you’re looking for an experienced front wheel drive repair shop, be sure to give the team at St. Paul Automotive a call today. With a team of ASE certified mechanics, we’ll do our best to diagnose and perform whatever auto repairs you need at a price that’s competitive. We’ll only suggest repairs that actually need to be done. We’ve been a fixture in the local community for decades, and much of this is because of our honesty and integrity. To schedule a consultation with one of our certified mechanics, give us a call today at (651) 298-0956.