As the weather begins to warm up in Minnesota, you’re likely going through your to-do list to make sure your home and vehicles are ready for Spring. At St. Paul Automotive, we always encourage our customers to bring their vehicles in to our auto repair shop in early Spring to make sure they’re in tip to shape.
Auto Maintenance Checklist for Spring
Below is a quick checklist to help get your vehicle ready for Spring. If you have any questions about anything outlined below, feel free to reach out to our St. Paul auto repair shop today.
- Check fluids – Take a look at your windshield wiper fluid levels as well as your coolant, brake, transmission and power steering fluid.
- Replace windshield wiper blades – Spring is a great time to replace your windshield wiper blades, especially after a harsh Minnesota winter.
- Oil change – Because you’ll likely be putting more miles on your vehicle in the Spring and Summer, it’s likely a good idea to go ahead and schedule an oil change as soon as possible after winter comes to an end. Regular oil changes help to ensure your car runs smoothly and that your engine is in tip top shape.
- Check tire pressure – Wintry roads and temperature fluctuations can greatly affect your tire pressure. Auto experts say that your tires will likely lose 1-2 pounds of air pressure for every 10 degree temperature drop. Keep this in mind as you get your car ready for Spring.
- Change your air filter – While you may not be blasting the AC as of yet, it’s still a good idea to go ahead and change your air filter so your car will be ready as the temperature begins to climb.
- Realign your tires – After driving on snowy roads and barreling through multiple pot holes, it’s important to ensure your car is properly aligned. Proper alignment ensures your tires will wear more evenly.
- Clean your car inside and out – As the weather warms up and you’re able to get outside more, why not give your vehicle a good clean inside and out. This can ensure you get all of the chemicals off of your vehicle that have accumulated from all the winter weather.
Ready for a Spring Checkup From St. Paul Automotive?
Feel free to give our team a call today to schedule a spring checkup for your favorite ride. We’ll be glad to schedule a time for you to drop your car off and make sure it’s ready for warmer weather. Call us today at (651) 298-0956.