Are you struggling to find an honest and reasonably priced mechanic? If so, you’re in luck thanks to St. Paul Automotive. We’ve been providing auto repair in St. Paul and the surrounding areas since 1980. This level of experience allows us to be your trusted auto repair shop in the area.
We thought it would be a good idea to give you a few tips to help you save money on auto repairs. These steps will ensure your vehicles are always in tip top shape and should save you big money when it comes to preventing major car repairs.
How to Save Money on Car Repairs
- Don’t skimp on routine maintenance – You need to get extremely comfortable with the routine maintenance table in your owner’s manual. At St. Paul Automotive, we can perform all of your routine vehicle maintenance to ensure your car lasts for years to come.
- Change your oil regularly – It’s incredibly important that you change your vehicle’s oil regularly. Oil helps to keep your engine lubricated and performing efficiently. Check your owner’s manual to determine how often you need to change your oil.
- Check your fluid levels – You should also make a habit of checking all of your vehicle fluids regularly. This ensures that all of your vehicle components are properly functioning. If you notice low fluids, you likely could have a larger car problem that should be looked at by a reputable mechanic.
- Check your tire pressure – Many people don’t check their tire pressure unless they have a flat. The reality is that if your tires aren’t adequately inflated, you could be wasting money. Improperly inflated tires can significantly affect your gas mileage.
- Get a second opinion – Have you received an estimate for a certain auto repair that seems expensive? Why not bring your vehicle in to St. Paul Automotive to get a second opinion? We have decades of experience and will always vow to give you an honest assessment of exactly what needs to be done and nothing more.
Schedule Your Routine Vehicle Maintenance Today
One of the best ways to save money on car repairs is simply to ensure that you keep up with the routine maintenance suggested by your car’s manufacturer. To learn what maintenance is required for your unique vehicle, feel free to reach out to the mechanics at St. Paul Automotive today. Give us a call today at (651) 298-0956 to schedule an appointment.